We have more than 50 years of experience as a strategic partner in distributing a variety of clear, metalized, and cavitated polypropylene films for a variety of packaging applications. As industry veterans, we work only with leading suppliers to provide coextruded polypropylene packaging films in a wide variety of thicknesses and specifications, including biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP), oriented polypropylene (OPP), and cast polypropylene (CPP). In addition, our long-standing dedication to extending the lowest price per packaged unit means that you can package with confidence when you choose us.
Whether you’re looking for BOPP, OPP, or CPP, count on our industry experts to deliver the highest-quality and cost-effective solutions for your polypropylene packaging application.
What is polypropylene?
Polypropylene is a lightweight and versatile packaging film featuring high clarity and gloss, excellent barrier properties, and good tensile strength. It’s an ideal solution for food, health, and beauty applications, including:
- Cough drops
- Prepared entrees
- Frozen foods
- Candy and confections
- Bakery items
- Carton overwraps
- Foil-replacement pouches
- Retort and non-retort regular and stand-up pouches and sachets
- Roll-fed and pressure-sensitive applications
We offer many formats of polypropylene film to suit any application requirement, including:
- Finishes: Cavitated, metalized, clear
- Barriers: Clear, high, ultra-high, over-the-mountain
- Coatings: PVdC acrylic coating, PVdC water-based coating, PVdC-free
- Seals: Cold seal, heat seal
- Other formats: Lamination, release liner films, mono web
No matter which polypropylene film you’re looking for, an SPS packaging specialist can help ensure it’s the best solution for your application.
Benefits of polypropylene
Our polypropylene films are surface treated for superior heat-sealing capabilities and printability. They may also be PVdC acrylic coated to increase the film’s barrier properties against oxygen, water vapor, and odors. The acrylic coating on polypropylene packaging can improve film clarity, and anti-fog or anti-static treatments are also available to meet your unique requirements. Because of the odor barrier properties, high chemical resistance, and inertness, many polypropylene film grades meet FDA packaging regulations, making them suitable for food and health and beauty applications.
- Superior heat-sealing capabilities
- Smooth, printable surface
- Excellent barrier properties
- Superior clarity
- Resistance to UV light, chemicals, and abrasions
Reach out to our SPS packaging specialists to discover more benefits of polypropylene film.
Biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP)
Biaxially oriented polypropylene, also known as BOPP, is the most common type of polypropylene film for overwrapping. It is a highly versatile, rugged thermoplastic polymer. Biaxially oriented means that BOPP film is stretched in two directions for increased strength and modulus, also referred to as stiffness. It’s best known for its moisture resistance, heat sealability, clarity, strength, and consistent thickness. In addition, BOPP generally offers higher tensile strength, higher stiffness, lower elongation, a better gas barrier, and lower haze than OPP and CPP types of polypropylene overwrap film.
- High versatility
- Moisture resistance
- Heat sealability (crimp seal)
- High gloss and clarity
- Consistent strength and thickness
- High tensile strength
- High stiffness
- Low elongation
- Gas barrier
- Lower haze than OPP and CPP
Our vast selection of BOPP film is available in several variations to meet your application requirements, including:
- Food grade
- Heat sealable
Contact our seasoned SPS packaging specialists to discover more about BOPP film for your packaging application.
Oriented polypropylene (OPP)
Oriented polypropylene, or OPP, is a cost-effective, flexible packaging film option with good strength, high clarity, and superior machinability. This type of polypropylene is especially suited for bakery, confectionery, and ice cream products but can also be used with dry food, beverages, and some health, beauty, or household items.
OPP is available in a full range of gauges and densities in both clear and opaque. We can specify the corect level of clarity or opaqueness to help enhance a product’s point-of-sale appeal. Consistent coefficient of friction (COF), oxygen- and moisture-barrier properties, and excellent printability and ink adhesion are among the many other advantages of OPP.
- Superior machinability
- Excellent whiteness, opacity, and gloss
- Excellent adhesive and cold-seal adhesion properties
- Consistent COF
- PVdC water-based coating for good oxygen- and moisture-barrier properties
- Excellent printability and ink adhesion
We offer OPP film in several variations, including:
- Food grade
- Heat sealable
Is BOPP or OPP best for you? Contact our expert SPS packaging specialists today to learn more.
Cast polypropylene (CPP)
We offer cast polypropylene (CPP) formulations for mechanical wrapping applications, such as food wraps, candy/confectionery packaging, bakery products, and high retort pouches. CPP is a cost-effective, low-density, and high-performance packaging film that is softer than BOPP. In addition, this type of film ultrasonically or thermally seals without a special coating, giving it a distinct appeal over BOPP. While not as versatile as BOPP, CPP film has many other advantages, including optical clarity, high gloss, good seal strength, machinability, moisture barrier, and tear- and puncture-resistant properties.
- Softer than BOPP, but does not dead-fold as well
- Ultrasonically or thermally seals without a special coating
- Good clarity, seal strength, machinability, and moisture-barrier
- High-gloss properties
- Tear- and puncture-resistant
Our CPP film is available in the following variations, depending on your packaging needs:
How to order custom printed polypropylene film
Polypropylene film offers excellent printability, giving you the option to create custom-branded packaging to help your product stand out for enhanced brand awareness.
We offer three types of custom printing on polypropylene film:
- Surface printing – Direct printing onto the polypropylene surface
- Reverse printing – Printing on the inside of the film so that the graphics shine through
- Trap printing – Reverse printing between laminate film layers to prevent the print from rubbing off
To place an order for custom printed polypropylene film, contact our team to determine which polypropylene film and printing method best suit your needs. Our talented art and graphics team will work with your existing design or help you create an original one according to your unique specifications.
Here’s how our custom printed process works:
- Supply your logo or artwork in a digital file
- Our art and graphics team will lay out your design and send a digital proof for your approval via email
- Once you approve the design, we will print and ship your polypropylene film within 2-3 weeks
If you want to take your packaging film to the next level, contact our SPS packaging specialists to get started with custom printed polypropylene film.
Our commitment to you
Having served customers in the packaging industry since 1970, we know that it takes a solid commitment to deliver the level of quality, price, and service it takes to be successful. So, every day, we work hard to earn your trust, continually renewing our promises to:
- Partner with reputable, industry-leading suppliers for the broadest selection and highest quality polypropylene and other packaging solutions, including BOPP, OPP, and CPP.
- Deliver the lowest price per packaged unit to ensure we remain competitive in an ever-changing landscape, giving you the peace of mind that we’ll help you protect your bottom line.
- Fill our internal teams with knowledgeable packaging experts who know our products inside and out and will be at your side throughout the product selection and order fulfillment process – and beyond.
These are just some of the reasons that we’ve earned a reputation as a value-added partner you can trust for your packaging needs. Are you ready to give us a try? Contact an SPS packaging specialist to get started.
We are an independently owned company founded in 1970 by engineers with extensive machinery knowledge. Our mission is to combine our advanced expertise with exceptional film options to create innovative packaging solutions that are second to none. Our solutions include polyolefin shrink film, stretch films, food trays, lidding films, packing tape, bags, pouches, bundling stretch film, strapping, labels, inks, and ribbons.
We’re passionate about delighting our customers, executing flawlessly, and delivering continuous and measurable value. We continually work to improve our processes so that we can continue our legacy of providing high-quality performance packaging solutions designed to enhance your efficiency and bottom line. These are the tenets we’ve lived by for over 50 years, and we’re still going strong. Choose us for a vastly diverse product offering, unprecedented expertise, and competitive pricing – and you’ll discover why we are the value-added partner packagers have trusted for half of a century.
- SQF certified provider
- Affordable packaging solutions
- Extensive machinery and packaging film knowledge
- Highly responsive team of packaging specialists
- Vast selection of industry-leading packaging materials for every application
- Commitment to continuous innovation and improvement
To learn more about our polypropylene film or any other high-performance packaging solutions, reach out to our highly responsive SPS packaging specialists for personalized service.