As an industry-leading packaging partner, we’ve earned a reputation for stocking and distributing high-quality plastic and steel strapping substrates for over 50 years. Our highly knowledgeable team proudly serves engineers and end-users in such industries as lumber, manufacturing, and steel, continuously providing the exceptional value that defines our long-standing mission. In addition, we partner with leading domestic vendors to provide quality American-made strapping materials that can stand up to the most demanding applications.
Whether you need hand- or machine-grade steel, polypropylene, polyester strapping, we are your source for regular or heavy-duty solutions at the lowest cost per packaged unit.
Our high-quality steel and plastic strapping substrates are proven methods for packaging heavy, oversized, and unstable products, such as lumber, corrugate, steel, and other manufacturing materials.
Use our exceptional strapping solutions for:
- Package reinforcement
- Carton closure
- Compression retention
- Pilferage reduction
Are you looking for top-quality strapping for your application? Reach out to our SPS packaging specialists to learn more about our offerings.
Steel strapping is used primarily in heavy-duty applications, such as building products, stone, and steel. All our steel strapping solutions meet ASTM specification #D3953-12 with break strengths that meet or exceed industry standards.
Our steel strapping is available in consistent widths, thickness, and finishes to meet your heavy-duty application requirements for heavy and bulky loads, such as:
- Building products
Features and benefits
Notable features and benefits of our steel strapping include:
- Choose from a wide range of steel strapping widths and thicknesses to suit your specific application requirements.
- Cold-rolled steel forms the foundation for our steel strapping with heat-treated high-tensile options for added break strength, ductility, and shock resistance.
- Select mill wound coils, where strapping oscillates uniformly and tightly, or ribbon wound, where layers wind directly over each other.
- When locking the strap ends, our steel strapping solutions allow you to choose from notch, crimp, or sealless joints, depending on your application requirements.
- Various seal options, including snap-on, open-flange, thread-on, and push type
- Corrosion and rust-resistant finishes keep surface damage and scratches at bay with three options:
- Painted – Coated for corrosion resistance, painted strapping is available in many strapping sizes. This finish is often best for crimp-type seal systems to ensure high joint strength.
- Painted and waxed – Also coated for corrosion resistance, painted and waxed strapping is required for feed wheel-type tensioners. It is available in a range of sizes and can be used in notch or crimp-type seal systems. The painted and waxed strapping finish offers improved tension transmission around load corners, giving it a distinct edge.
- Zinc-painted and waxed – Waxed and painted with a zinc-enriched coating, this strapping finish offers outstanding resistance to rust. Available in a variety of sizes, zinc-painted and waxed finished strapping protects at points of surface damage and scratches.
Contact our seasoned SPS packaging specialists for help selecting the best steel strapping solution for your needs.
Polypropylene plastic strapping
Polypropylene strapping forms when virgin and reprocessed polypropylene extrudes into a band or sheet. The poly strapping is heated, stretched, and relaxed to produce a much stronger material than the raw material. This type of strapping is ideal for lighter-duty applications, such as a lightweight palletized load or small bundles, and can pair with a strapping machine for easy application.
Poly strapping is designed for light-duty applications, such as:
- Appliance packaging
- Meat and seafood packaging
- Agricultural products
- Carton bundling
Features and benefits
Look for these attractive features and benefits of our poly strapping solutions:
- Multiple widths, thicknesses, and strengths to suit your application
- Split resistant properties available
- Smooth, uniform surface for reliable performance in strap machines, hand tools, and equipment
- Shock-absorbing options that keep strapping tight during shipping and handling
- Can be used in various packaging and bundling operations
- Apply by hand, with powered or manual hand tools, or with automatic machines
- Standard hand-grade – Apply standard hand-grade polypropylene strapping by hand, without a strapping machine.
- Machine-grade – Apply machine-grade polypropylene strapping with a designated strapping machine.
To learn more about our poly strapping solutions, contact our expert SPS packaging specialists today.
Polyester plastic strapping
Polyester strapping is made of primarily reprocessed polyester resin that yields a strong final product that can hold tension well. It’s especially useful in applications with shifting loads because of its excellent elongation and recovery properties.
Polyester strapping is strong and durable, making it ideal for packaging medium-duty materials, such as:
- Glass bottles
Compared to polypropylene strapping, polyester strapping has a higher breaking strength and lower elasticity and holds tension better. In some cases, polyester strapping can replace steel strapping because of its strength and durability. It may also help improve performance and offer a safer, more cost-effective strapping solution.
Features and benefits
Polyester strapping comes with many notable features and benefits, including:
- Provides superior retained tension under hot, humid conditions
- More resistant to hot, humid environments than other plastic strapping
- Greater load stability during storage and shipping
- Performs smoothly and reliably in power strapping machines and with hand tools
- More tear and snag resistant than other plastic strapping
- High-performance polyester – Offers split resistance, high-retained tension, elongation recovery, recyclability, and weather resistance.
- Cord polyester – Offers one of the most robust non-metal strapping materials in multiple widths, cord lengths, and break strengths.
Let our seasoned SPS packaging specialists help you select the best polyester strapping option for your application. Contact us today.
How to choose the right strapping
The best strapping for you depends on the strapping function, package characteristics, and the shipping or handling considerations.
The primary package factors that influence strap selection include:
- Edge sharpness
- Shipping distance
- Shipping and receiving handling
- Storage location and conditions
Not sure which strapping material, size, or finish is right for you? As specialists in strapping and many other packaging materials, we can walk you through the product selection process to help you determine the best fit for your requirements. We’ll start by discussing the details of your application, such as whether you’ll apply the strapping manually or automatically. Then, we’ll put our expertise to work by presenting the best options to meet your needs and budget. Contact our SPS packaging specialists to get started.
How we’re different
We’re not a run-of-the-mill packaging distributor. Instead, we are a value-added partner for over 50 years, continually committed to going the extra mile to earn your trust.
We stand out from our strapping competitors because of our:
- Advanced knowledge of product offerings and in-depth understanding of the options that are best suited for each application
- Vast in-stock strapping options that allow you to procure the right materials quickly, helping you to complete your jobs faster
- Selection of demo tools available that allow you to test various strapping materials before you buy to ensure they work for you
Contact our SPS packaging specialists to learn more about our strapping competitive advantages.
5 Reasons to choose us
Whether you’re considering us for strapping or another packaging solution, we’d love to work with you. Our customers enjoy the benefits of our:
- Wide selection of USA-made materials – We have one of the largest selections of USA-made strapping substrates, including steel, polypropylene, and polyester solutions in various widths, thicknesses, and finishes.
- High-quality vendor partnerships– We only partner with high-quality strapping manufacturers committed to exceptional products, on-time delivery, and innovative solutions.
- Vast in-stock strapping selection – We stock many strapping materials in-house with many options available for same- or next-day shipping.
- Knowledgeable team – Our packaging specialists are experts in the packaging field. Each brings in-depth knowledge of strapping solutions to provide the helpful guidance and expertise you expect from an industry leader like us.
- Competitive pricing – Since our inception in 1970, we’ve remained steadfast in our commitment to providing high-quality packaging solutions at the lowest cost per packaged unit to stay competitive in an ever-changing market.
As an independently owned company leading the packaging sector for over 50 years, we have a vastly diverse product offering from industry-leading vendors. In addition, we’re proud to employ dedicated packaging specialists that bring in-depth knowledge and expertise to help you select the ideal solution for your needs and budget. And with a long-standing commitment to extending the lowest price per packaged unit, we’re the value-added partner you can trust to elevate your packaging to the next level.
To learn more about our strapping solutions, reach out to our SPS packaging specialists today.